- Thank you to the following JHS PTSA members for traveling to Olympia and speaking to our legislators on our student’s behalf: Michelle Nims, Denise Constantineau, Laura Peterson, Jen Hirman, and Kim Kuhne. It was great being in Olympia with so many other PTSA members and education supporters. We would also like to thank Region 7 and Everett PTSA Council advocacy chair, Lizzy Sebring, for making so many appointments for us to share WSPTA Legislative Issues with our legislators and their aides.
- Thank you to our PTSA president, Laura Peterson, who even presented testimony on behalf of WSPTA to the House Education Committee regarding House Bill 2428 to provide funding to create a work group to study Epi pen use and stockpiling in schools.
- Kudos to Georgina Johns, Reflections chair, for organizing the lunchtime recognition for all students that turned in a entry for the Reflections Art Program. From notifying students to arranging for certificates, your hard work is appreciated.
- Thank you to Laura Peterson and her fellow board members - Lisa Mills, Toni Wilson, Alisha Crawley-Davis, Denise Mortensen, Jo Bercot, Michelle Williams, and Joanna Ghosh - for all their hard work in helping run the PTSA and the events that we provide.
- Thank you to Sarah Pewitt, EPS High School & Beyond Plan Facilitator, for the informative session on Naviance, college prep, financial aid and much more on Tuesday, October 29 at JHS. This was a great opportunity for hands-on learning and answering questions from parents.
- Thank you for attending our membership meeting on November 13, 2019 at 7pm in the JHS conference room. We shared our financials and last meeting's minutes, as well as had a WSPTA Legislative Assembly update from our two delegates, Laura Peterson and Lisa Mills.
- Thank you also to Georgina Johns for her hard work this year on the Reflections Art Program!
- Thanks to our generous community for the many Food Drive donations to support the Mill Creek Community Food Bank.
- Thanks to our PTSA board for all their hard work getting our year off to a great start. Thank you to Lisa Mills (VP of Fundraising), Toni Wilson (Treasurer,) Michelle Williams (Membership), Carla Clark (Secretary), Alisha Crawley-Davis (Website), Denise Mortensen (Volunteer Coordinator) and Jo Bercot and Barbara Nowak (Wolftracks).
- Thanks to Michelle Nims, Denise Constantineau, and Kim Kuhne for helping us staff our PTSA table at Curriculum Night back in September.
- Thanks to Linda Harris and Jennifer Sinha for stepping up on short notice to help out with picture retakes. We appreciate you both volunteering the whole day.
- Thanks to our generous JHS community for your participation in the JHS PTSA Curriculum Night Food Drive. This drive supports the various departments that serve the unique needs of our students at JHS. Thank you for donating to the JHS PTSA food drive!
- I'd like to send many thanks to the following people who volunteered during picture day/laptop distribution on September 5th: Toni Wilson, Lisa Mills, April Berg, Kathi Webber, Heather Taylor, Luanne Te, Georgina Johns, Sandy Cho, Lihn Du, Kristen Bergeron, Wendy Simonsen, Amy Elsemore, Carla Clark, Christa Pederson, Kim Kuhne, Lihua Tang, Jennifer Sinha, Shelly Farewell, Kristy Mothersbaugh, Larissa Pfeifer, Melanie Carlson, Jovie Santos and Katherine Berlier. The day would not have been a success without your help!
- I'd also like to send a huge thank you to Joeeh Tran, Larissa Pfeifer, Jennifer Sinha and Lleana Quiyonowho helped in the front officeon September 13th! Your help is very much appreciated!Thank youto Jennifer Sinha, Lisa and Olivia Wininger, Olivia and Valerie Johnson, Justine Teoh, April Berg, Jen-nifer Halterman, Kim and Kira Kuhne, Joy Oelund, Laura, Emi and Bettiann Peterson and Kristen Bergeron for stuffing over 2000 summer mailer packets.
- Wolf Pack Days: Laura Peterson, Michelle Williams, Michelle Nims, Lisa Mills, Kim Kuhne, Toni Wilson, Denise Constantineau